You have a right to expect a high stand of medical care from our practice and we will try at all times to provide the very best care possible. We have set out our practice Charter to assist you in this.
- Keep the contents of your health records confidential and maintain your privacy.
- Offer same day appointments for urgent problems.
- Provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- Offer appointments for routine matters within 2 working days.
- Offer a health check when you join the practice.
- Offer advice on disease prevention and health promotion.
- Involve you in discussions on your care and treatment.
- Assist you in obtaining help from other health professions when this is required.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect regardless of your age, sex, religion, ethnicity, appearance or health needs.
- Maintain standards by ensuring that all doctors and staff undertake continuing education and training.
- Support and encourage our patients to make shared decisions about their own health and healthcare
- Inform us of any changes in your name, address or telephone number.
- Let us know in good time if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Check in on your arrival.
- Make a separate appointment for each person to be seen.
- Only request a house visit if you are too ill to come to surgery.
- Only use the out of hour’s service for problems that cannot wait until the surgery next opens.
- Request repeat prescriptions in good time – don’t wait until you run out.
- Ask if you don’t understand advice given to you.
- Tell is if you are unsure about treatments you are offered.
- Treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
In order to assist us in this, we require that you take full responsibility for ensuring that you use the service appropriately. For example, it is your responsibility to ensure that your keep medical appointments and follow the medical advice given.